Wednesday, December 30, 2020

December consumption diary

MUSIC

 


BOOKS

 

This Changes Everything by Naomi Klein (non-fiction, audiobook) – sadly, this book didn’t change much since it’s 2014 publication date, and the hurdle keeps getting higher with every year of inaction (even a year such as the one we’ve had with far fewer airline emissions…). I might have to do something about it…

So You’ve Been Publicly Shamed by Jon Ronson (non-fiction, audiobook) – this one came out in 2015 and felt at times like it could have been 50 years ago, and at others 5 minutes. Like, if you asked 100 people when that person was destroyed online for tweeting about hoping she doesn’t get AIDs in Africa, some would say early 2020 and others 2010.

Strange Hotel by Eimear McBride (novel, audiobook) – very good but is perhaps missing the X-factor to be super memorable??

Venetia by Georgette Heyer (novel, audiobook) – I see the appeal of slipping into a Heyer book. This one, written in 1958 and set in 1818, is interesting for what it tries to present in a Regency-era story that contemporary stories omitted, with the added interest of considering what further gaps the last 62 years may have highlighted.

 


Poetry (all as e-books)

 

Far-Flung by Rhian Gallagher

 

How to Live by Helen Rickerby

 

AUP New Poets 6 by Ben Kemp, Vanessa Crofskey, Chris Stewart

 

Because a Woman’s Heart is Like a Needle at the Bottom of the Ocean by Sugar Magnolia Wilson

 

 

FILM & TV

 

Bunch of questionable content to fill the silly season food coma downtime, such as:


Ava

Hacksaw Ridge

The Invisible Man

Underwater

Call of the Wild

Lucy

Taskmaster UK Seasons 2-5

2 comments:

grace said...

I was diagnosed of genital Herpes for 6 years, and ever since then i have been taking treatment to prevent outbreaks, burning and blisters, but there was no improvement until i came across testimonies of Dr. Abaka on how he has been curing different people from different diseases all over the world, then i contacted him. After our conversation he sent me the medicine which I took according to his instructions for up to 2 weeks. After completing the medication I went back to my doctor for another test and the virus was all gone and I was completely cured, since then I have not had any signs of outbreak. I'm so filled with joy. With herbal medication Herpes Virus is 100% curable. I refer Dr. Abaka to everyone out there with the virus. His email address is drabakaspelltemple@gmail.com you can also Add on whats-app (+1) 484-820-1518

Jessica said...

Hi everyone I want to share my amazing testimony on how Dr Graham blessed my life, I have been playing lottery game for long now and I don’t usually win, I came across a testimony of someone testifying about how Dr Graham prayed for him and gave him a lottery game to play and he won big amount of money, so I also decided to try my luck, I contact him through his website and he assured me that he will help me, he told me it will take him 24 hours to pray for me, so after the 24 hours he gave me some lottery numbers to play and I went to play the game so on that faithful day I went to check the game to my greatest surprise I won a very big amount $20 million that changed my life and my status, I quit working as a sale woman in the supper market and I became a business owner. I want you out there to also contact him for your lucky game. You can reach him via his info below
Email: dr.graham.spelltemple@gmail.com
Whatsapp Number: +13153230824